What to Know About Airport Accidents in New York
Airport accidents can result in severe injury, which is why if you were injured in one, you will need to retain the services of an experienced New York personal injury attorney to help you navigate through the claims process and help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact Hausman & Pendzick today to get started.
What are the different types of airport accidents in New York?
There are many different types of airport accidents in New York. It is important that an airport is equipped with diligent staff members available to ensure that no one is at risk of injury. Despite this, accidents can still happen, which is why you will require a skilled personal injury attorney on your side if you have been injured in an airport. The most typical kinds of airport accidents our firm has seen include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Construction work accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Dangerous sidewalks and parking garages
What steps should I take if I have been injured in an airport?
If you have been injured in an airport as a result of the negligence of another, you may have a valid premises liability claim. If you are able, it is important to take the following steps immediately after your airport injury. These steps include:
- Call the authorities. The police will send an ambulance and file a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions that caused your accident.
- Gather contact information from any witness to the accident. They may be able to confirm your version of the events.
- Seek medical treatment to ensure your injuries have been properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney that can help you navigate through the claims process.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim in New York?
The state of New York has a statute of limitations of three years for most personal injury accidents. This means that if you fail to file your airport accident within three years from the date of the injury, you will lose the chance to file your claim entirely, and you will also miss out on the ability to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Reach out to our firm today to retain the services of a qualified personal injury attorney. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that you have promptly met all of your claim’s deadlines.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WESTCHESTER COUNTY FIRM
Hausman & Pendzick effectively represent victims of negligence in Westchester County and across the state of New York. We understand how challenging life can be without financial compensation for serious injuries you have wrongly sustained. If you need a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury attorney to help you recover compensation after an accident, contact Hausman & Pendzick today.