If someone slips and falls in an apartment complex, they could end up suffering serious injuries. If you are injured in such an accident, you are probably looking for some way to make things right. Our Westchester County sidewalk accident attorneys can help you sue for damages and determine who should be liable for your accident.

Who Could Be Responsible for Maintaining an Apartment Complex?

Usually, it’s the owner of the property, or the landlord, who has a responsibility to keep their property safe for anyone who is invited to it. If the landlord uses a property management company, then they could also be held responsible for any injuries caused. Sometimes both parties can be to blame. Our lawyers can help you hold any irresponsible people accountable ifor your injuries.

Who Can Sue for a Slip and Fall at an Apartment Complex?

If you were invited onto the property or there for any kind of lawful purpose, there is an expectation that the property would be safe for you. Sometimes accidents can happen and that is understandable. However, if there is a dangerous situation on the property that the landlord or property management company knew about and did not address, they should be held responsible when someone is harmed.

So tenants should be able to sue if they get hurt on the property. So should their guests. Delivery drivers, whether they are dropping off packages or food, should also be able to expect a safe environment.

What Are Some Common Injuries in a Slip and Fall?

Slip and fall accidents can cause all sorts of injuries, and many of them are quite serious. We have worked with clients who have suffered:

  • Broken bones
  • Concussions and brain injuries
  • Broken hips
  • Back injuries
  • Damage to joints, like knees
  • Spinal cord injuries

Some of these injuries could end up affecting you for life. That is why you need to fight for a fair and reasonable compensation package that covers any past and future medical care that you need.

What Should My Compensation from a Slip and Fall Case Cover?

Your medical expenses may not be the only thing to worry about after a slip-and-fall accident though. An attorney can also help you sue for damages that help make up for:

  • Lost wages
  • Any loss of earning potential
  • A loss of enjoyment
  • Emotional distress
  • Pain from disfigurement or disability
  • Any other pain and suffering you experienced as a result of your accident.

You might get a check from an insurer and think that you should just take it and get things over with. Don’t. Instead, work with our lawyers and fight for the kind of compensation that you deserve.

Talk to Our Lawyers Today

Even if you are not sure that you want to move forward with suing, contact our law firm. We have helped plenty of accident victims like you here at Hausman & Pendzick and we are ready to advocate on your behalf. Schedule your consultation today.