man fallen down a stairwell injured

If you were the victim of an accident, you could be dealing with pain from your injuries for days, weeks, or even longer. This is why you need to get treatment after an accident and consult with medical professionals about the best ways to manage your pain. Then you should talk to our Westchester County slip and fall accident attorneys about your legal options.

Should I Get Medical Care Right After an Accident?

Whether you get hurt in a slip and fall or a car accident, your top priority after an accident should be getting medical care. Some people get into an accident and feel just fine, but sometimes this is just adrenaline masking the pain. You should be checked out for injuries. The sooner you know what’s wrong, the sooner you can figure out the best ways to manage your pain.

What Kinds of Injuries Are Common in Accidents?

We have helped clients who have suffered all sorts of injuries in accidents. Injuries we see often include:

  • Whiplash and other neck injuries
  • Broken hips
  • Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
  • Shoulder injuries
  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Joint pain, like in the knees and elbows

Some of these problems are more serious than others, but you can be sure that any kind of injury is going to cause you pain for at least a little while.

How Long Could My Pain Last After an Accident?

Unfortunately, some people do not get over their injuries that quickly. For some, the injuries from a car crash or a workplace accident can end up affecting them for a long time. If your pain prevents you from working or enjoying your life, that needs to be addressed. You should pursue compensation and seek to hold the person responsible for your accident accountable with the help of a lawyer from our firm.

How Can I Manage My Pain and Injuries?

The legal process can take a long time though, so you need to figure out how to care for your injuries as your case makes its way to court. There are a few ways to manage your pain after an accident, including:

Over-the-counter and prescription medication: You should talk to your doctor about what kinds of pain medications you can use. If your injuries are minor, over-the-counter meds might be all that you need. If they do not help, stronger prescription pain medications might be required.

Braces: Some types of braces for the neck or back can help offer the extra support you need when you are injured.

Massage therapy: Though it might be seen as an alternative medicine to some, do not underestimate how massage therapy could help with soft tissue damage.

Talk to a Lawyer Today

If you were injured in an accident and you believe that someone else was to blame, contact Hausman & Pendzick. We can take a closer look at your case and tell you more about how our lawyers can help you fight for the compensation that you deserve.