Preparing For Your Initial Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney
If you are someone who has recently been seriously injured in an accident, whether it be an auto accident, a slip-and-fall accident, or otherwise, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation to help you heal. Fortunately, we can help. The first step in recovering the compensation you need is scheduling and attending, your initial consultation with our firm. This meeting is nothing to fear, however, it is always best you come prepared so we can make the most of our time and start you on the road to recovery. Please read on and reach out to our experienced Westchester personal injury attorneys to learn more about your first meeting and how we can assist you.
What should I bring to my initial consultation with an injury attorney?
There are several documents you should bring to your initial consultation so we can best understand the underlying circumstances surrounding your case, therefore enabling us to proceed as effectively as possible when filing your claim. Some of those documents are as follows:
- Videos of the accident, or pictures of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident/any damage to your property or body.
- A written statement regarding the order of events leading up to and after your accident.
- Medical documentation regarding the extent of your injuries.
- Your insurance information. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, you should bring your car insurance policy.
- Any witness contact information, such as phone numbers or emails.
- Any recorded correspondence you may have had with the other party or their insurance company.
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
What questions will my attorney ask me at my consultation?
Your attorney will ask you several questions to best understand every aspect of your case. For example, your attorney will ask you what your official prognosis is, and how your injuries affect your daily life. Your attorney will also want to know whether you have been injured in an accident before, and if so, whether you decided to take legal action in the past. Furthermore, your attorney will need to know how much time your injuries caused you to miss from work, as well as the cost of any treatment associated with your injuries. The list goes on, and the specifics of what your attorney will ask you depend largely on the circumstances of your individual case. We are here to help you through every step of the claims process–all you have to do is ask. Give us a call today to learn more.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WESTCHESTER COUNTY FIRM
Hausman & Pendzick effectively represent victims of negligence in Westchester County and across the state of New York. We understand how challenging life can be without financial compensation for serious injuries you have wrongly sustained. If you need a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury attorney to help you recover compensation after an accident, contact Hausman & Pendzick today.