What You Should Know About Hotel Accidents in New York
Hotels are an important component of New York’s functionality. However, hotel accidents can happen and can result in serious injury. If you were injured in one, do not wait to reach out to a skilled and dedicated Westchester County hotel accident attorney today. Our firm is on your side.
What are the common kinds of hotel accidents in New York?
When you stay at a hotel, you trust management and staff will do everything they can to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe time away. However, certain hotels have several features and activities available, such as swimming pools and gyms. The bigger the hotel, the more upkeep it requires. If hotel staff fails to keep their facilities in tip-top shape, accidents may happen. Here are some of the most common types of accidents that occur:
- Elevator accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Parking lot/garage accidents
- Stairway accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Unsanitary conditions
- Accidents due to inadequate lighting or security
- Sidewalk accidents
What should I do in the event that an accident occurs?
If you were hurt in a hotel accident, you may be entitled to legal compensation. If you would like to pursue legal action, you will want to obtain as much evidence as possible pointing to the negligence of another. You can do this by taking the following steps immediately after your accident:
- Call the police. You will also need to notify the hotel manager that your accident occurred.
- Collect contact information from anyone who witnessed your accident.
- Take photos of the unsafe hotel conditions that resulted in your accident.
- Seek medical treatment and ask your doctor for all medical documentation concerning your injuries. This can be important evidence in your case.
- Retain the services of an experienced Westchester County hotel accident attorney that can compile and present all additional evidence needed to prove that you were injured as a direct result of another party’s negligence.
- Ensure you are filing your claim on time. In New York, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is typically three years from the date of the accident.
Do not wait to reach out to our firm today if you have been injured in a hotel accident in New York. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal. We are on your side.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WESTCHESTER COUNTY FIRM
Hausman & Pendzick effectively represent victims of negligence in Westchester County and across the state of New York. We understand how challenging life can be without financial compensation for serious injuries you have wrongly sustained. If you need a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury attorney to help you recover compensation after an accident, contact Hausman & Pendzick today.