What Are 5 Common Causes of Car Accidents in New York?
Car accidents can have serious physical, emotional, and financial impacts on those who are injured. If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another motorist’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. Contact our experienced New York personal injury lawyers to learn more about your potential legal claim. At Hausman & Pendzick, we are committed to ensuring that you receive the compensation that you deserve. Continue reading to learn more about the common causes of car accidents.
What are the 5 most common causes of car accidents in New York?
There are many different causes of car accidents in New York. Here are the 5 most common that all drivers should be aware of:
- Texting while driving: In today’s day, people have become more dependant and addicted to their mobile devices and technology. If you are on your cell phone while driving, serious life-threatening events can take place.
- Speeding while driving: Many life-threatening car accidents could have been less critical if drivers drove slower. In many cases, crashes could be avoided entirely. Speeding limits a driver’s ability to maintain control of their vehicle. Make sure you are watching and abiding by the speed limit at all times.
- Drinking and driving: Alcohol is one of the top causes of car accidents each day. A person’s capability of safely driving their car decreases exponentially after they’ve had alcohol. From a legal and safety standpoint, drinking and driving is never worth it.
- Distractions while driving: Playing around with the center console of your car to alter settings or to switch the radio station can cause you to take your eyes off of the road. These distractions can result in serious outcomes. Be sure to keep your eyes on the road and reduce as many distractions as possible when driving.
- Weather conditions: The chances of getting into a car accident drastically rises when the weather is bad. Rain, snow, and ice cause the roads to be slippery, resulting in the possibility of losing control of your vehicle. Be careful when the weather is bad, and if possible, stay off the roads.
Can I file a legal claim if I was injured in a car accident?
If you were injured in a car accident as a result of another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Do not hesitate to reach out to our personal injury firm today to discuss your options.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED WESTCHESTER COUNTY FIRM
Hausman & Pendzick effectively represent victims of negligence in Westchester County and across the state of New York. We understand how challenging life can be without financial compensation for serious injuries you have wrongly sustained. If you need a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury attorney to help you recover compensation after an accident, contact Hausman & Pendzick today.